Saturday, May 10, 2008

Last week in Espana :-(

I wrote a post during my last week in Spain and was really confused when someone asked why I never ended my blog... I just realized that the entire blog didn't post but most of it was saved....

Classes ended on Thursday and I'm currently taking a study break from Culture and Civ. We have to memorize over 50 dates and only 10 will appear on the test. Doesn't that sound like a good time! Chelsea and I spent 3 hours cleaning the apartment yesterday and now it's cleaner than before we moved in! Our other roommate hasn't cleaned anything the entire semester. She goes home every weekend and returns with plastic containers of food for the entire week. At least she washes those out! So, we have had to suck it up and clean her spilled sauces in the fridge, hair in the bathroom (after she gives herself a hair cut.... weekly) and remnants of hot chocolate that are left on the kitchen counter each morning. Sorry, I went off on a tangent to vent...


Well, we arranged with our landlord to come Sunday around 1 (because he lives an hour away) and at noon today (Saturday) our phone, for the door of the building, started ringing... there is a salon downstairs and people call our house every day, mistaking the floor numbers... so we usually don't answer it (unless we're expecting someone). Today however, I decided to answer and it was our landlord, a day early... surprise! haha We hadn't taken the trash out, were both studying and still in our PJ's (which is odd for Spaniards to see) and were confused why he was here a day early. Thanks Pedro (that's our landlord)!!! Luckily we cleaned yesterday! Well, he came in, asked how our semesters were, where we traveled, if we enjoyed ourselves, any problems with the apartment, blah blah blah. We showed him the disheveled rug in our living room (not because we ruined in, but because it's ancient) and our vacuum that refuses to work. After tearing apart the vacuum, using our forks to clean it out and getting dust all over our nicely moped floors, his response was, oh... everything in here is old, I'll just buy a new one, don't worry. He returned our deposits (woohoooo), gave us CDs he made for us (which, by the way, are hilarious... there is a song in Basque, one in German and the rest in Spanish. All of which are at least 40 years old) then left. He didn't check our kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms, furniture, appliances... nothing. Our rugs were still hanging on the balcony from being cleaned. We cleaned for 3 hours!!! We were so confused. It was hilarious.

The rest was deleted and now I don't remember what I wrote :-( But, a final blog is to come...

No comments: