Sunday, March 16, 2008

i know you're curious :-)

I know that anyone who knows my Dad and Kim are anxiously awaiting an update of how they are doing in Spain. Well, it has been really fun having them here! By the time we got into San Sebastian on Saturday it was 6:30pm so we got them checked in and settled, then walked around the city for a little bit and I showed them my humble abode! They were as amused by my "courtyard clothes dryer" as I was! Today we rented bikes and I took them all over the city. My Dad was pretty surprised how far away my school is and kept questioning how I walk all of the time. haha We were very grateful to have a beautiful, sunny day so the bike ride was perfect... minus the crowds of people that we had to weave in and out of every once in a while. That caused an eyebrow raise a time or two :-)

Besides walking, the buses are the main form of transportation in the city so I've been breaking them into the bus system, little by little. They rode the bus back to the hotel, by themselves, for the first time tonight and apparently made it in a timely fashion... so things are looking great!

Kim is loving the Spanish, becoming braver by the second, and will respond every once in a while. My Dad prefers to let us do the talking but we did hear him say "Gracias" tonight and we got really excited about it! hahaha

Tomorrow we are off to Paris! I promised Kaitlin (who I went to Paris with in February) that I would send her a text message when I was eating a delicious crepe again... oh how I've missed Paris!

No comments: