Sunday, March 23, 2008

Pray for health and safety

As the visit with Dad and Kim comes to a close, things have taken a very wrong turn. My Dad started feeling ill earlier this week and developed very bad stomach problems. We took him to the hospital in Bilbao this evening (Saturday). After various tests, the doctor said most everything seemed normal but wanted to monitor a few things overnight. No one in the hospital spoke English, making things increasingly difficult. I translated as much as I could but it was pretty difficult at some points.

Well, my Dad seems to be doing better now. We hope he's released first thing in the morning! B/c Margaret is already on her way to Rome my Dad told me to go. I feel AWFUL leaving them like this. I gave Kim a list of key Spanish phrases and also my Spanish cell phone to make things easier when contacting the US, so I will not have a phone for a while (in case anyone tried to call or text me).

Please keep my Dad and Kim in your prayers! Once they are able to leave the hospital, they still have a long journey getting back home.

No comments: