Tuesday, January 15, 2008

mailing address

I have a mailin1g address if anyone wants to send me packages :-) hint hint...

Stephanie Strasner
C/O Patricia O'Connor/USAC
Edificio Barriola
Universidad del Pais Vasco/ EHU
Plaza Elhuyar 1
20018 Donostia- San Sebastian, Spain


Tips for sending packages....
- Don't claim the package to be more than $24 or there will be a large customs fee upon delivery.
- Don't claim anything edible in the package or it will be confiscated in customs. The program directors said that 98% of packages contain some kind of food (so don't worry) but don't claim it.
- Also, I heard it takes 10-14 days for things to arrive internationally.


Some additional tips that Kim picked up after sending me a package...

-For packages up to 20 lbs., you can use their flat rate box and the price is $37.00. We had flat rate boxes at home, but it says "domestic only", so I used a plain brown box. According the postal worker, they have changed their policy and now use them internationally.

-Also, if it weighs less than 4 lbs., it can just go regular first class mail.

No comments: