Friday, January 25, 2008

this and that

(Thursday night-ish)
I FINALLY got my bus card loaded, I just pray it works tomorrow. To make a long story short, my bank cards will not work to charge my bus card so I have to pay one of my friends to do it. haha

Classes are still going well. While I was walking to school today I saw 2 Basque women, probably in their 70's, that are twins. They are so cute! I've seen them a few times and they are always matching, from head to toe. Today it was the brown corduroy pants, bright green shoes, and a blue zip up... they make me smile every time because they're so cute!

Well, for some very exciting news.... We have the first Monday and Tuesday of February off of school for Carnaval (Mardi Gras). Kaitlin, Jill, and I just booked a 3 day trip to Paris! We found a great deal on a flight out of Bilbao and found a hostel to stay. None of us have stayed in a hostel before but we know a lot of people that have and we get student discounts. I'm so excited! We are going to look through my travel book of Europe this weekend.

This weekend I'm going to explore the city a little more (outside of my walking routes to school which I know like the back of my hand). There is an aquarium by the harbor and a statue of Christ and some kind of museum on top of the hill in the center of town that I want to check out. Also, a hiking club in town is going on a hike on Sunday, I don't remember where it's to but Jill, Kaitlin and I are going to sign up. It should be fun!

No comments: