It's about 9pm and my friend Jill and I are sitting in some random lobby on the school campus. We just had appointments with the tech department here and they configured the wireless onto our laptops!!! I will have free wireless anywhere on campus for the rest of the semester. We are all ecstatic! However, I will not be able to have any Internet in my apartment, which is why we have been sitting here for about 2 hours catching up on e-mails, posts, and everything. We feel kind of lame, but we miss all of our family and friends so much so it's worth it!
Last night was kind of rough. Our room was FREEZING and i can't sleep when I'm cold, so it was a long night. I had on sweatpants, a t-shirt, sweatshirt, 2 sheets, and 2 blankets! We couldn't figure out how to work our heater but hopefully our other housemate will know.
Not much happened today. We had more orientation, then I walked around town with Jill and another friend Kaitlin for a while. I probably walked about 8 miles today. Classes start tomorrow. My schedule is not set for sure but it looks like I have 5 classes... Monday- Thursday beginning at 12:30 :-) except on Wednesday I have class at 9. I have quite a few breaks between classes so i'll be able to chat on Skype during those times (because i'll be on campus with WiFi). The only problem is that is when most of you will be sleeping. However, I'll figure it out soon, I can't wait to talk to you! If you haven't yet, find me on skype.
Also, I'm anxious to hear how everyone is doing back home. E-mail me with what you have been up too. I can't guarantee an immediate response but i'll try my hardest. It truly makes my day to hear from someone!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great pictures! Do you have any of your apartment yet? How amazing to be in such a historical place!
Have fun, as you start up your classes! Do they have a siesta time like they do in Latin America? Or is that just because of the hot weather?
I hope you found it to be warmer to sleep. When I used to get cold, I would put on a beanie to keep the heat escaping from my head. If I could get my head and my feet to warm up, I'd be okay! I hope you find what works for you!
I'm trying to do a video recording of my apartment so I can do a walk through. Did the one from Toledo work for you?
There are definitely siestas here! Almost everything shuts down between 2-4pm. It so funny to me.
We figured out how to turn on the heater in our apartment so it has been so much better! Thanks for the tip Mrs. Stout!
Post a Comment