Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday, the 17th... it's about 11pm

The last few days have been a little rough. I usually have a very good sense of direction but am having a hard time finding things here. It's hard because every street has two names, one in Spanish and Basque. There are no street signs either. There are small plates on the corners but some do not have anything. However, I found my way home without turning around for the first time tonight. I was determined to not have to back track like I have for the past few days.

Also, the Spanish dialect is different than what I'm use to. Sometimes it's really easy for me to communicate with people and other times they look at me like I'm crazy. Also, there are quite a few people that only speak Basque. It's just an adjustment I'll make eventually though.

My roommate and I are very excited because we found a wireless connection from our apartment. It only works if you sit on the far left side of our couch in the living room, by the window. It's kind of funny because we are huddled up in the corner just to get internet!

I'll write more tomorrow and tell you about my classes... I don't have any tomorrow :-)

No comments: